At first it looked like it would be a ton of work, but when I took that first warm, crispy, gooey cheesy bite... I surrendered to the chimi gods.. lol..
I will FOR SURE be making these again.
Below is the recipe and some more pics
Super' Rayful' Chrissy-Changas
These are a LOT easier to make than you think... so DON'T get discouraged! ;0) Have fun with it!
Ingredients: (for about 3 chimis)
- 1/2 (10.5 oz can) of condensed cream of chicken soup
- About 1 or 2 green olives
- 1/2 (4 oz can) of diced green chilies
- 1/2 a jalapeno pepper (more if you like it hot! :)
- Taco seasoning (maybe half a tsp)
- 1/4 pack of cream cheese (about 2 oz?)
- 1/4 lb. cooked chicken (shredded)
- 1/2 a pack of "Mexican blend" cheeses
- Vegetable oil (enough for frying)
- About 3 tortillas
- 1 Cup of sour cream
- 1/2 A lime (to juice)
- Maybe some salsa, cheddar, green onions (for topping) :)
Ok! Now that I have completely scared you off with all of these ingredients lol... It's time to start the chimi making process!
- First, put the COC soup into a food processor (blender) with the chopped olives, jalapeno, and chilies. Squeeze the half lime into the mixture (more or less depending on your taste). Then start the blender!!!!
- When the mix is all frappified, pour it into a small saucepan and put it on a low simmer.
- Now mix the taco season, cream cheese and "Mexi cheeses" in a bowl until well mixed.
- Dump in the chicken and cover it with the cheese mixture.
- Grab your 3 or so tortillas and lay them flat on your counter top. Spoon even amounts of your filling onto the center of your tortillas.
- Fold your tortillas into little chicken filled square packages... or burritos??????????? (whatever you'd like) :::Line them up for the fryer!!:::
- Next, place a pan, with enough oil to barely cover your chimis, over medium heat..
- When the oil is hot enough (you can drop in a piece of tortilla... if it bubbles up, you're ready) carefully place a chimi in the oil... When the outside is golden brown, remove it from the oil and place it on a paper towel- lined plate to drain excess grease.
- Repeat for the other two chimis ...:)
- When you're done frying and all your chimis are ready, place them on their serving plate and pour some of your simmering creamy chicken lime sauce over them..
- Top with more cheese, sour cream, salsa, green onions... and anything else you'd like.
- Eat and Enjoy!!!!!
Hopefully this turns out as great for you as it did for me!
Mrs. E ;0)