Thursday, April 12, 2007

Key Lime Pie!

Ok.. so I finally got some pictures up loaded!!!

So I'll be posting up the Recipe I used for key lime pie AND some photos of my results!
Hope you enjoy! :)

Mrs. E
_________________________________________________
Key Lime Pie
(My recipes usually come from websites online... I believe this was allrecipes.com, Oh, and BTW, I added to and subtracted things here to make it my own)
Ingredients-

  • 5 Egg yolks, Beaten
  • 1(14 oz) Can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1/2 Cup key lime juice*
  • 1(9 in.) Graham cracker crust*
  • Coconut extract*
  • Green and yellow food coloring*
  • Whipped cream
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F

  2. Combine the egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk and lime juice. (* I only found actual "key limes" in Walmart, but I've seen comments in recipes suggesting the use of have lemon juice and have lime juice as a replacement :) So don't freak out!... Mix well.

  3. Now is where I added just a BIT of green and yellow food coloring. (*3 parts green:1 part yellow). This is optional.... I added the color because the batter looked a little orange snot-ish from the eggs... sorry, but it DID.

  4. Pour the mixture into one 9 inch pie crust... *or do like I did and make about 6 or 7 mini pies! :)

  5. Next, bake in your preheated oven for about 10 15 mins.

  6. Cooooooooool time....

  7. Then! My favorite!- Decorate with any kind of whipped topping! (* I added some coconut extract to some Cool Whip... Yum! Talk about refreshing!)

  8. Do I really need to tell you to eat them now!?



The Finished Product!

One of the pies.. Mmmm.. Have a piece!



No comments: