Wednesday, April 25, 2007
Tuesday, April 24, 2007
(*Notice the orb by his head? lol... oOoOoOoo spooky )
I'm sooo tired of worrying non-stop about my father...
today I hear that his unit lost NINE people in Iraq.. 9 more lives just written off as "numbers"
I mean,... you have a few dozen people who died at Va Tech...(not that it wasn't a horrible tragedy) the world goes nuts... everyone has their flag at half mass.. etc..
But what about the soldiers (thousand + so far) dying everyday fighting for us??....
Honestly.. I think we should have our flags at half mass until everyone of them comes home.. (but that's just me)...
ANYWAYS... so I am just even more stressed out now knowing that my father is RIGHT back into this crazy war,,, I mean, it's not like he was JUST hit by an IED like 3 weeks ago?!!! lol... Guess that's what a real soldier does... but seriously.. I don't know what I would do if I lost my father.. ESP. since he has already had ONE close call..
Why should he have to risk it one more time?! It just doesn't make sense to me,,,
I just can't deal with the stress this puts on my heart.. He retires almost as soon as he returns.. it would be horrible if he didn't make it back to that..
I guess I have to continue to pray and keep my faith (even though I worry that maybe it is God's will to take my father one day.. )
AHHHH!!! I over think everything and upset myself more!
Ok,, enough of this... I just had to vent so I might feel a bit better!
Thursday, April 19, 2007
At first it looked like it would be a ton of work, but when I took that first warm, crispy, gooey cheesy bite... I surrendered to the chimi gods.. lol..
I will FOR SURE be making these again.
Below is the recipe and some more pics
- 1/2 (10.5 oz can) of condensed cream of chicken soup
- About 1 or 2 green olives
- 1/2 (4 oz can) of diced green chilies
- 1/2 a jalapeno pepper (more if you like it hot! :)
- Taco seasoning (maybe half a tsp)
- 1/4 pack of cream cheese (about 2 oz?)
- 1/4 lb. cooked chicken (shredded)
- 1/2 a pack of "Mexican blend" cheeses
- Vegetable oil (enough for frying)
- About 3 tortillas
- 1 Cup of sour cream
- 1/2 A lime (to juice)
- Maybe some salsa, cheddar, green onions (for topping) :)
Ok! Now that I have completely scared you off with all of these ingredients lol... It's time to start the chimi making process!
- First, put the COC soup into a food processor (blender) with the chopped olives, jalapeno, and chilies. Squeeze the half lime into the mixture (more or less depending on your taste). Then start the blender!!!!
- When the mix is all frappified, pour it into a small saucepan and put it on a low simmer.
- Now mix the taco season, cream cheese and "Mexi cheeses" in a bowl until well mixed.
- Dump in the chicken and cover it with the cheese mixture.
- Grab your 3 or so tortillas and lay them flat on your counter top. Spoon even amounts of your filling onto the center of your tortillas.
- Fold your tortillas into little chicken filled square packages... or burritos??????????? (whatever you'd like) :::Line them up for the fryer!!:::
- Next, place a pan, with enough oil to barely cover your chimis, over medium heat..
- When the oil is hot enough (you can drop in a piece of tortilla... if it bubbles up, you're ready) carefully place a chimi in the oil... When the outside is golden brown, remove it from the oil and place it on a paper towel- lined plate to drain excess grease.
- Repeat for the other two chimis ...:)
- When you're done frying and all your chimis are ready, place them on their serving plate and pour some of your simmering creamy chicken lime sauce over them..
- Top with more cheese, sour cream, salsa, green onions... and anything else you'd like.
- Eat and Enjoy!!!!!
Hopefully this turns out as great for you as it did for me!
Mrs. E ;0)
Monday, April 16, 2007
Very Simple Steps-
- Boil water.
- Add noodles.
- Drain noodles.
- Add any kinda of chopped up veggies you'd like- Red onion, cucumber,broccoli,tomato, bell peppers, and maybe even a little jalapeno if you want a "kick"::::PoW:::: lol
- Add any sort of Italian dressing(maybe get a little crazy and try something other than Italian?)
- Finally, add some Parmesan cheese.... and....
Voila! Pasta Salad.
Thursday, April 12, 2007
The flavor was AMAZING!... But as you can tell.. it looks like puke!..
I will retry this again,, probably tonight... but with less cream,, more sugar,, and butter that is a bit softer(so the icing wont be chunky lol)
We'll see how it goes! :)
So I'll be posting up the Recipe I used for key lime pie AND some photos of my results!
Hope you enjoy! :)
- 5 Egg yolks, Beaten
- 1(14 oz) Can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 Cup key lime juice*
- 1(9 in.) Graham cracker crust*
- Coconut extract*
- Green and yellow food coloring*
- Whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Combine the egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk and lime juice. (* I only found actual "key limes" in Walmart, but I've seen comments in recipes suggesting the use of have lemon juice and have lime juice as a replacement :) So don't freak out!... Mix well.
- Now is where I added just a BIT of green and yellow food coloring. (*3 parts green:1 part yellow). This is optional.... I added the color because the batter looked a little orange snot-ish from the eggs... sorry, but it DID.
- Pour the mixture into one 9 inch pie crust... *or do like I did and make about 6 or 7 mini pies! :)
- Next, bake in your preheated oven for about 10 15 mins.
- Cooooooooool time....
- Then! My favorite!- Decorate with any kind of whipped topping! (* I added some coconut extract to some Cool Whip... Yum! Talk about refreshing!)
- Do I really need to tell you to eat them now!?
One of the pies.. Mmmm.. Have a piece!
Wednesday, April 11, 2007
Friday, April 6, 2007
To start: My husband isn't quite a "picky eater" BUT he does eat very limited food groups..
SO trying to cook for him can be a challenge :)
Last night we decided on steak. (He loves meats and cheeses.. I guess that is most men though right?) So we went to food lion and he picked out the meat he wanted.. woohoo a start!
Then he had mentioned something about liking the hibachi steak we get at the local Japanese steak house (My favorite,,, but he only goes cause he loves me! :0) hehehe) At this point I started getting excited!
He wants what?!! Asian food?!! I thought to myself.. "this is fabulous! My favorite,, and it cant be that hard to make, right?" WRONG!!.. I had watched the hibachi guys do it a million times at the restaurant!!!
Back to the story....
We finished up at the grocery store; I grabbed the kikomon teriyaki and we jetted home...
I began cooking my meat (stir fry steak strips) in a pan on the stove while his meat sat in the teriyaki marinade on the counter,,,
then i plugged in the George Foreman... "PLOP!" His steaks went on the grill..
needless to say- My steak striplets ended up covered in a thick sauce and were over seasoned in teriyaki glaze.. lol.. His.. had NO flavor!!..
PANIC MODE- I threw mine in with some veggies to see if i could save them! Luckily it worked..
Then i tried adding more sauce to his... NO luck,,, salt,, pepper.. season salt.. ah,, finally, it seemed a little more normal.. BUT then they started looking really dry,,,
I felt like Lucile Ball.. I poured a little water on the steaks in effort to keep them from too much teriyaki OR becoming hard steak nuggets!
all i have to say.. THANK GOD FOR A1 lol.. Mike seemed to like the steaks,,,
Yet AGAIN, another failed attempt to cook (with love) for my hubby :)
I don't know what it is.. I can bake like crazy.. but when it comes to cooking,, I feel like a complete failure... it's depressing,,
I love Mike SO much and all I want to do is take good care of him and keep him WELL fed (with food he enjoys!)
I hate thinking that he might not REALLY like what I make,,, or that I have to become one of those fast food wives who just "settles" with TV dinners every night..
I guess I have years and years to perfect this.. and maybe some local cooking classes or something will help :) I'll be optimistic every day until I can make Mike the happiest man alive...
alright,, time for a break!
maybe i can get some pictures of my left over teriyaki turds.. hahaha
Ah... another day. I am truly blessed every day by God..
He shows me in all of the smallest ways... but He lets me know He's here with me.
Anyways! It's Friday! I'm just sitting at my desk.. waiting.. watching the clock for the time to say 6PM... then I can escape from this place! yay!
Mike has to work a 24 hr shift tonight since he is a strong Army hero. .. ok, maybe that's a bit over board, but I think the world of him :) And he IS my hero!
Speaking of which! I haven't really gotten into any of my daily dramas yet have I?! Well I will for sure get into all of that probably in my next post...
Why work sucks.... dad getting hit by an IED.... teriyaki disasters.. !
I also need to get a camera up and running so I can get some new pictures! Mike's car will be finished soon, my living room is almost painted.. and PLUS I have been baking new things left and right and I haven't got ANY pictures to show off my masterpieces!!! lol..
ok..ok.. time to get back to work..
but it's always slow... so I'll write more in about 30 min.
Thursday, April 5, 2007
I guess we'll see how long I keep this one up....
Kinda like an online scrapbook to document my daily life!!
(AND something to do at work when it's REALLY slow!) Can't wait to jump in and get started! Welcome to my page!
Here's to Blogging! ::::clink:::