Friday, December 4, 2009

Jack Daniels Sauce Copycat.. MmmMMmmm!

                        I think everyone is pretty aware now that there are quite a few things back home (in the good ol' USofA) I'm really starting to miss! Small things, but things that add up!
            The other day I decided it was a T.G.I. Friday's kind of day. (Well, my stomach decided, but don't let him know he's in control)
I guess Germans don't have Friday on their calendars, so these restaurants are nonexistent here. It has been quite a while since I've had a nice Jack Daniel's steak, so the cravings were starting to come over me. The pots came *bing* -bangin- out of the cupboard... I was salivating and only one thing could stop the J.D. Werebeast from coming out-- I was going to have to make the sauce myself! RAWR!
I've read quite a few recipes, took bits and pieces, and made it my own... It turned out darn good! Not to mention, no fighting waiters to bring you a small cup extra on the side (for an additional fee) ... You will have almost enough to bathe in.. hehe

Ingredients you will need-
About 1/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion ("the flatter the sweeter" grandma says)
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
1/2 cup Jack Daniel's Whiskey (eeewww I hate the way this stuff smells :gag:)
2 cups light brown sugar
1 cup pineapple juice
2 beef bouillon cubes
1/4 cup worcestershire sauce

Whisk the ingredients in a sauce pan at high heat and bring to a boil. Lower heat to about medium and let simmer for about 45 minutes. Stir occasionally to keep the sauce from burning and once it's thickened, it's done. Take off the burner and allow to cool.
This sauce is best if made ahead a day so it can cool and thicken in the fridge. Once it's sticky and cold.... pull it out of the fridge and baste on wings, grilled steak, burgers.. you name it!




Like Paula says.. it's 'bawlin' lol



The sauce is nice and thick.. ready to chill in the fridge.

Oh Buddy! See you tomorrow for dinner!!


We threw this sauce on some burgers (Mike LOVED THEM) .. and I tossed them over some wings in the oven. Talk about stickilicious! They were perfect and I felt like I was right there at a T.G.I.Friday's restaurant table (minus the tacky wall art lol)
Let me know how you like it and if you have any suggestions!

*DroOOOoOooOol* ~Dribble~ *DrOoOoOool*
Free Signature Generator

No comments: