Thursday, March 20, 2008

***Thursday***

I'm wondering if maybe I should break up all of my ideas today into small posts.. or just throw it all into ONE BIG blog entry..
oK.. I 'll do one entry... but split it up :)


~*~Dinner last night~*~
For the last few weeks I have been CRAVING chicken fried chicken!!
Whenever we'd have a government exam in my Texas Government class we'd all meet up downtown San Antonio @ Lu Lu's Jailhouse Cafe to study. It was a group favorite! They were open 24 hrs and had everything you could crave. (but not an everyday diet, fer sher lol) Fried okra, fried mushrooms, burgers, enchiladas, chicken fried chicken,,,, even 3 1/2 pound cinnamon rolls! [YuM] Anyways!.. I found a recipe that comes close.. and BOY did it hit the spot! :)
Sizzle...
::Pop::
mmmm
crunch crunch :)
Here's the recipe.. (from Allrecipes.com)
Ingredients-
  • 30 saltine crackers
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons dry potato flakes
  • 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Directions-

  • Place crackers in a large resealable plastic bag; seal bag and crush crackers until they are coarse crumbs. Add flour, potato flakes, seasoned salt, and pepper to bag and mix well.
  • Beat egg in a shallow dish or bowl; heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
  • One by one, dredge chicken pieces in egg beat, then place in bag with crumb mixture, seal bag and shake to coat.
  • Reduce heat to medium and cook coated chicken in skillet for 15 to 20 minutes, turning frequently, until golden brown and juices run clear.

*** My changes--

Well, I soaked my chicken in a brine first for a few hours while I was at work. (My grandma is VERY BIG on soaking chicken before cooking) I made my soak from a little water, olive oil, paprika, salt, crushed mixed pepper, fresh cut garlic, and a little garlic salt. MANNNNNN did this make my chicken *super* juicy :)

Second change I made.. was, of course, I only used about 3 chicken breasts instead of 6... and I cut each one in thin halves.. so they'd cook quicker and more evenly.

That was it.. made a little white pepper gravy.. and some corn.. and it sWaLlOwEd my craving whole :)

Here's the address of LuLu's if you ever wanna try the real thing ;0)

http://sanantonio.citysearch.com/profile/10092688
__Euthanasia__
When I was in debate back in high school, this was a huge topic.. I'm sure each case is different.. and there are pros and cons to every one... BUT this.. this is a very sad case.

This is Chantal Sebire

What a sad story.. I guess she finally got her peace.

BUT my question is WHY they made it so difficult for her. She wanted an assisted suicide.. and it's OBVIOUS why..

"Ms Sebire was diagnosed with esthesioneuroblastoma eight years ago, which left her nearly blind and with no sense of taste or smell. As the tumour burrowed through her sinuses and nasal cavities, her nose swelled to several times its size and one eye socket was pushed out of her head, AP reports. " (http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23407034-5001028,00.html?from=public_rss)

Before her death this is what she had become.

You know we wouldn't let an animal live like this... why a suffering human being who is tired of fighting?

What kind of life was this for her?.. blind, without smell or taste? She was dead to the world around her already.

I think this case was an acceptable excuse for a granted assisted suicide. But I guess since the government didn't help.. she found her own means of helping herself. ::shakes head:: sad..

~*~My Up-coming Weekend ~*~

Onto a better note! Look at all the *awesome* movies coming out.. SOOO many scary ones too!! :)

I want to see-

  • Shutter
  • The Ruins
  • Meet the Browns
  • Prom Night

... and maybe a couple others.. guess we'll see!!

That's about it for now!

--Steens

No comments: