This is probably one of the things I make that my mom loves most.. It's super comfort food.... with chunks of sweet apples and pears.. and tart cranberries here and there.. YuM! I think the part she loves most of all though, is the sweet, crunchy, topping made of oatmeal and crushed, candied pecans... I am almost tempted to make this tonight! :)
Grandma Approves... SO EAT IT!!!
Fresh from the oven.. all warm and gooey!..... and look.. It's SOOOO *pretty*!
It's like a stained glass window of love....
hahaha.. ok.. I swear I didn't put drugs in my batch.. :)
- About 2 or 3 Apples (I use Fuji, or pink ladies)
- About 2 pears (I doubt it matters which you use :) )
- 2 tblspns honey (or more or less depending on taste)
- About 1/2 c. cranberries (dried ... craisins)
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1 tblspn flour
- 1/2 c. butter
- 1/4 c. crushed pecans (or another kind of nut.. but these are perfect with this)
- 1/2 c. quick cooking oats
- About 2 tblspns lemon juice
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- Turn your oven on ... and set to 375 dgrs....
- Grease your pan (my pan was an 8x8)
- Peel and cut your apples and pears up into chunks. (Toss them into a bowl with a bit of lemon juice to keep them from browning until it's time to use them. )
- In a big bowl, mix the cranberries, pears, and apples with the 1 tblspn flour, lemon juice, and honey.
- Plop mixture into glass pan.
- Now mix your brown sugar, oats, pecans, 1/2 c. flour, and butter in another bowl.
- Sprinkle your "dough"-ish topping over your fruit mix.
- Throw that in the oven and bake for about 40-45 min or until the top is golden brown on top.
- EAT!!! and I mean eat! This is the *BEST* when it's fresh and hot from the oven!
Enjoy it!!!! :)