Monday, October 26, 2009

Super Quick and DELICIOUS BBQ Chicken!



Ingredients:
Chicken (up to 3 lbs)
1 red onion (I used about 1/4 cup)
1 1/2 cups ketchup
1/2 light brown sugar
1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons orange juice (I put about 2 1/2)
1 tablespoon liquid smoke- Mesquite Flavor ( a little less if you don't want a smokey flavor... I liked the kick, Mike is not into the smoked bbq.. use 1 Tsp if you want less)

Directions:

  1. Preheat over to 375 degrees. Coat pan with nonstick spray and place chicken in dish. I butterflied the chicken and placed the sliced onions on top. Usually I season my chicken, but skip it.. the sauce gives plenty flavor!
  2. Mix the brown sugar, ketchup, orange juice, worcestershire sauce, and liquid smoke in a saucepan on medium high heat until the sugar dissolves.
  3. Pour sauce over chicken and bake until juices run clear or for about an hour. The sauce should be thick and delicious!! mmm mmm  

Here is is ready to go in the oven.. Those onions sure did add a sweetness to this sauce!



Here's the final product! My hubby doesn't "do" onions, so these were quickly scraped off lol.. BUT he really DID enjoy this dish!

Let me know how it works out for you and how you make it your own! :)
<3
Steena

No comments: