Friday, November 20, 2009

Buffalo Wild Wing's 'Asian Zing' Sauce Copycat... :) YUM!

*Positives-- I am in Europe living an amazing life..
*Negatives--- No B-Dubs! (Buffalo Wild Wings)
Back in North Carolina, Mike and I would eat at Buffalo Wild Wings weekly. He'd indulge in his boneless wings and I'd get my basket of traditional. We'd get every combo under the sun and always enjoyed picking new flavors... Even after chomping down some of each, I was always drawn back to the Asian Zing Sauce. There is something amazing that happens in your mouth when you consume it. lol. The sweet, spicy, bold flavor just kicks you straight in the tongue! Mmmmm Mmm how I miss it!
     So what do I do when I don't have the pleasures of home near by?.. -You all know me wayyyy too well! hehehe-... I figure out a way to do it myself!
Here is a recipe that tastes almost EXACTLY like BDubs Asian Zing. :) Enjoy!


Ingredients--
1 Cup Pace Picante Sauce (medium is *perfect*)
1/4 Cup honey
1/2 Teaspoon ground ginger

Chicken (Breasts, wings... thighs..) I used boneless skinless breasts; cut in half.


First, rinse your chicken, dry it, and then put it in your (Pam sprayed) baking dish. Sprinkle with a little salt and pop into the oven at 400ยบ. After about 20 mins your chicken should be starting to cook up...  flip it and let it cook about another 10 mins.
During this time.. go ahead and whisk your ingredients together.



*swish swish*


Now open your oven and begin basting your chicken with the sauce. Do this periodically after turning your meat for about another 30 mins until it's fully cooked and you have a nice glaze on your breasts. :) When your chicken is done, remove it from the oven and let it sit for a few minutes. During this time you can take your leftover sauce and place it in a saucepan.. Bring it to a boil and let it thicken up for a nice dipping sauce or as extra sauce to pour over your meat :)



OMG.. Hits the spot and fills that BDub void! If you want to use wings, I suggest frying your wings up a bit before hand to give them a nice crunch.. then tossing them in the sauce or basting them with it in the oven.

Hope you like this as much as I do!! <3

--Steens

No comments: