Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Savory Crepes (Pancakes) @ German Cooking Class!

Here are a few pictures from the German culture, customs, and cuisine class I went to yesterday. It was a wonderful time! We visited a local store, bought the items we needed for our meal, and cooked a tasty dish back at the classroom. I have to admit I was a bit freaked out when she mentioned making "pancakes"... and even more freaked out when she started talking about a filling that included meat. 'WEIRD' I thought, but it turned out to be quite a good surprise.

Gathering the ingredients..

Chopping the leeks, onions, and red peppers.

Almost ready for the pot..

Mixing the pancake batter .. Which were actually more of a crepe.

The savory crepe filling. It was leeks, onion, red peppers, Maggi sauce, some vegetable bouillon, hmm and I believe some salt and pepper.

The finished product (out of focus lol)

I couldn't help but to gobble mine down! Sorry I don't have a recipe right now. I think tonight I'm going to make the crepes with Nutella and post the recipe tomorrow. If I can figure out the filling recipe, I'll make sure to add that as well. :)
Free Signature Generator

No comments: