Thursday, June 10, 2010

New Dress Patterns to Sew Up!

I just got 5 new patterns in the mail the other afternoon! I am so excited... This is like a Christina Christmas right now!
Here are the 5 I chose-
I think this is my favorite of the bunch.
V8532
V8552
Probably my second favorite!..
V8615
V8380
V5029
Most are just quick easy summer dresses. *Perfect* for evenings out on the town... Now I just need to hunt for the ideal fabrics! Any suggestions if you've made these before.. any ideas for the fabric selections?
Time to get started! *evil grin*

Free Signature Generator

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Don't use tweed! I thought I could make a similar dress to your last one with a tweed-like fabric, but it was a disaster! I would stay away from really thick fabrics on anything that requires gathers. I was trying to be new and different, but now I realize why you don't normally see things like that. I'm still trying to salvage it, so if it works out, I'll let you know. Is it easy to find patterns/fabric there?

-Lindsay (again)

Steena said...

Please do! I'll probably avoid it for now then. I'm mostly planing on light summery fabrics for now.. and possibly something heavier for fall (but that will be a while out)

I've been on the hunt for a REALLY good fabric store, with no luck.. I'm going to try a few out next week.. so we'll see if they are any better. I tend to order online for the most part. It's a lot easier. (and cheaper) I don't think I've seen any patterns though.. and they'd most likely been in German. I've just ordered mine online whenever they have good sales. :) There IS a nice (little) quilt fabric store downtown.. and the lady who owns it is awesome.